If you don’t want the hassle trying to sell your house on your own, finding a local real estate agent is an good option. Real estate agents have the knowledge, specialized skills and resources to help you sell your home as quickly as possible.
Here are a few simple ways in which you can find a real estate agent.
- Ask for a referral from friends, family or co-workers
- Attend an open house
- Call or visit a local real estate office
- Search online or find an agent listed in a real estate website
In most cases, you’ll find someone right away that you connect with and feel confident in working together. However, it can be good to take this process a step forward by doing do a little more research to learn more about an agent’s record and potential. The information you obtain may have a greater bearing on who you select to serve you. Here are some questions to consider.
- Do they have a list of recent clients you can reach out and talk to about their experience with the agent.
- What is their knowledge of the area in which you are selling your home?
- How long have they been in the business? Are they being mentored?
- Do they have any credentials such as special certifications or designations? What do they mean and how did they obtain them?
- Do they have any real estate awards or recognition?
- How many houses have they sold in the past 6 months or year?
- Do they have any license or disciplinary actions? Start with contacting the local real estate board and state real estate commission to inquire about this.
Good real estate agents, no matter how long they’ve been in the business, are those that will work hard on your behalf and communicate with you regularly. So whether they are new to real estate or seasoned, find one that you can feel confident in and is a good fit for meeting your needs.